September 24-27, 2019
Access & Identity
Leaders Define Leadership
September in the Adirondacks is the best time of year to get what you need to succeed by joining us for the of The Museum Institute.
The Institute is the perfect place for emerging and established leaders to develop strategies to face new challenges. What you learn in this immersive, participatory program will help you effect positive change in your organization, your career, and your community. Learn from other leaders in the museum field who will share their experiences across a variety of disciplines to help create solutions, build audiences, and develop your institutional management skills. Session topics will include building cultural competence, supporting financial and human resources, enhancing board capacity, and creating professional communities.
Registration for the four-day program includes evening events, three nights’ accommodations, and all meals: MANY Members $725. Not-yet members $775. Registration is limited to 25 people.
We are pleased to announce that 2019 presenters will include:
- Tonya Matthews, PhD, Director of Inclusion, American Alliance of Museums
- Erika Sanger, Executive Director, Museum Association of New York
- Andrew Marietta, VP, Regional Development, New York Council on NonProfits
- Garet Livermore, Independent Museum professional with 30+ years in the museum field
- Sonnet Takahisa, Teaching and Learning Consultant, Arts and Cultural Strategies, Inc.
- Bruce Whitmarsh, Executive Director, Chemung County Historical Society