Applications for the American Alliance of Museums' Museum Assessment Program (MAP) in the areas of Education & Interpretation, Board Leadership, Organizational, Collections Stewardship, and Community & Audience Engagement are due December 1.
The Institute of Museum and Library Services has announced our new funding.
- The existing Organizational, Collections Stewardship, and Community & Audience Engagement assessments are getting fresh updates
- DEAI (diversity, equity, accessibility and inclusion) components will be integrated into all assessments
- Museums will have more time to complete the Self-Study Workbook and activities, which will be spread throughout the year long process
- Museums will have more touch points with the Peer Reviewer throughout the process
- New activities and tools will help move museums from increasing awareness to taking action and implementing change
- Enhanced training and peer-to-peer engagement for the Peer Reviewers
What’s not changing? The tried and true core structure of MAP—the self-assessment, site visit by a peer, and a recommendation-laden report—remains in place.
Learn more: https://www.aam-us.org/programs/accreditation-excellence-programs/museum-assessment-program-map/